Lisa Galbraith, CEO
To help you save time when ordering document packages from Cleardocs, you can now:
- "Copy" your answers from one of your orders on Cleardocs; and
- click to "Paste" those answers in to the interface for your next order for the same type of document package.
The new feature is free to use.
How does the new feature save you time?
The new "Copy & Paste" feature saves you retyping information when, for example you are ordering:
- 2 or more standard employment contracts for different employees starting in similar roles; or
- 2 or more SMSF borrowing packages to cover separate loans to the same SMSF — you might be ordering the 2 packages at the same time, or with a long gap in between.
Which document packages have the new "Copy and paste" feature?
The new "Copy and Paste" feature is available for:
- Company Registrations;
- Trusts: Discretionary Trust, Unit Trust, and Hybrid Trust; and
- SMSFs: SMSF set up; SMSF borrowing (bank, and related party); and SMSF pension set up. For the other SMSF document packages, the existing Cleardocs system already lets you recall earlier answers when you start a new order.
How does the "Copy and paste" feature work?
The new "Copy and Paste" feature is very simple to use. Here's how it works:
1. log in at Cleardocs
2. click the green button "More" for the order you want to copy
3. in the "What's next ...?" box on the left, click the link that says "Copy" and "Paste" these answers to start a new order
4. on the next page, type in the "Client name" and "Matter name" for the new order you want to create with the copied answers
5. tick the "I understand ..." box near the bottom of the page
6. click the "Copy and Paste" button at the bottom of the page
7. on the next page, you will see the interface for your new order with all (or nearly all) of the answers already completed. You just need to read though and check that the answers are correct. You may also need to type in an answer or 2 — for example if you are ordering an employment contract, you will need to type in the employee's name and address.
8. Complete, check, and pay for the document package in the usual way.
If you have any questions, please call our free helpline on 1300 307 343.