Cleardocs now offer actuarial certificates for SMSFs (either set up or updated using our services), which are paying a pension. We have partnered with Heffron Consulting, a leading SMSF service provider, to ensure the high quality of our actuarial certificates
What is an actuarial certificate?
As part of your Self Managed Superannuation Fund’s (SMSF) administrative responsibilities, an actuarial certificate may be required if the SMSF is paying a pension to its member(s).
Included in the certificate is a valuation of pension assets to determine:
· The portion of the SMSF’s income that is tax exempt
· The degree of probability that fund is able to pay the particular pension
When does an SMSF require an actuarial certificate?
There are two situations where an actuarial certificate is required:
- a fund is paying an account balance pension - for example, account based or market linked – and the assets are unsegregated; and/or
- a fund is paying a defined benefit pension - for example, complying lifetime, complying life expectancy or commutable lifetime.
How much does it cost and what does it include?
The cost of ordering an actuarial certificate through Cleardocs is:
· $176.00 for allocated, account-based and market linked pensions; and
· $880.00 for defined benefit pensions
When ordering an actuarial certificate through your Cleardocs login, you will be redirected to Heffron Consulting’s actuarial certificate online ordering system to complete the order form. Once the order form is complete and submitted, Heffron will then:
· provide you immediately with an approximate tax exemption percentage; and
· email the necessary documents to you:
o for a SMSF providing allocated, account-based and/or market-linked pensions – an actuarial certificate; or
o for a SMSF providing defined benefit pensions – an actuarial valuation
If you have any questions about our Actuarial Certificate package, or any of our other products, please call our free helpline on 1300 307 343.